Sunday 1 December 2013

Letters From Paris...

Last month I posted on Instagram a picture of some new bedding I got whilst out shopping. I know that's such a random and odd start to a post but I promised I'd publish a few snaps of the bedding once it was 'in use'.

Near to where I live, a large B&M store has just opened up. Even though it was directly behind the Sainsbury's we shop at, I had no idea it was there! I didn't actually hear about the new store until I went to get my hair cut and the hairstylist told me about it. My Mum loves the whole 'bargain hunting' thing and I've gradually been getting into it a lot more myself recently.


For those of you who don't know, B&M is basically a chain of stores throughout the UK that sell loads of products from food to furniture at really cheap prices. It's kinda' like Poundland and Woolworths (okay I don't think it's much like Woolworths) (Oh how I miss Woolworths).


As soon as we arrived, my Mum and I dove straight in with filling up the baskets. We only went in to have a look and ended up getting to the checkout with three baskets of purchases haha. My Mum always has this 'strategy' when in shops which usually includes the way she travels around the shop. So after slowly but surely scanning each shelf, we arrived in the home interior aisles!!!!! I love interior design and so does my Mum. Meaning we were both at each end of the aisle with big grins on our faces, waving a collection of cushion designs at each other ranging from neon fluff to neutral knit.



Anyway, I'm going off subject. Long story short, we got to the bedroom & bathroom aisle and found all the bed sheet sets. There were lots I liked but this one really stood out for both my Mum and me. Generously, my Mum offered to buy me this gorgeous set and here is the finished result...



The sheet is covered in mail stamps and markings as well as countless  handwritten messages/letters. For 2 pillow cases and a duvet cover (to fit a double sized bed), it was a bargain at £12.99. I already have a black sheet for my mattress (from another set of bed clothes) and since this new duvet sheet was on one side black and the other white, they would match perfectly! The 2 black pillow cases I also already own will go well with the set as well. Sadly, the black sheet for my mattress + the two black pillow cases are in the wash, so I've had to use some red alternatives from a Union Jack flag bed set. There's red in the sheet so it still matches right?


I also just wanted to add a picture of these glass nuggets. These were in B&M super cheap (I can't remember the exact price sorry!) and as soon as I saw them I put them in my basket. My Gran and my Mum have them and they look absolutely gorgeous. They were really cheap and are a fantastic way of changing the look of your room a bit without breaking the bank!


I have no idea why, but I love changing my bed clothes (and cleaning/dusting my room) before big holidays or new starts like Christmas, first day back at school, my birthday etc. Christmas is so close now and I can hardly wait! Are you doing anything special for Christmas or have anything special planned that you're looking forward to? I'd also love to know what you think of the new bed set! It would be fantastic if you'd leave me a comment :)

P.S Sorry the photos are so blurry. The darker nights mean I'm having less time to take photos with natural light (grumpy face).

P.S No.2 Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a snazzy new men's shaver either for yourself or to give as a fab xmas present- giveaway ends next Saturday! Click here to read the post & to enter :)


Image Map

14 comments:

  1. These are such cute bed sheets. I just put up my Christmas tree today, so excited for Christmas!
    Tiana x
    Www.the-Romanticiser.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm exactly the same haha. We've put up our outside decorations/lights today :D

      Delete
  2. This is such a gorgeous set and looks fab in your room! I love B&M, went today actually :)
    Naomi x
    bewitcheryblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much :) Haha, coincidence? ;D

      Delete
  3. I love buying new bedding!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this duvet cover, B&M must be one of my fav shops but my boyfriend hates it so I don't get to go too often! Boo! It's really refreshing to find a blog written by a male, keep up the good work. Your blog is great! xx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) Just had a look at your Blog and it's fab!

      Delete
  5. Cheap Loft Bed Online?
    I'm re-doing my bedroom. My room is pretty small and i need as much space as i can get...What i have been thinking about is a loft bed that's EXTREMELY basic. Like I mean one bedding on four poles. No special computer features or anything like that. The room I'm goin for is completely white with little splashes of purple, so I was thinking a silver bed frame. I NEED A LOFT BED!!! HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://wrappedupinrainbows.blogspot.com/2013/04/my-top-10-tips-for-flawless-nails.html?showComment=1639748785929#c327924608096736353

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Getting comments on posts + reading and replying to them is one of the most rewarding things about blogging. I can't tell you how happy it makes me so please leave a comment as I'd love to hear from you and I'll always do my best to reply. Thank you! :)